Tuesday, June 22, 2010

OneNote 2010 and Windows Mobile 6 on MotoQ9m

So this was frustrating, I spent a bunch of time trying to get OneNote 2010 Moible on my phone, I could not find a CAB file or anything.  All I found was articles affirming that Office Mobile is released FREE for Windows Mobile 6.5.  My guess is that there is no version of OneNote Mobile 2010 for my Windows Mobile 6.0 phone.

So I pulled out my old Office 2007 Enterprise CD, opened the OneNote CAB file, found the Onenote Mobile CAB file (ONMOBILE.CAB_1033), and copied it to my desktop.  I then renamed it to ONMOBILE.CAB and copied it to the external storage card on my phone.

From the phone I executed and installed it.  Now I can sync my OneNotes from my phone to OneNote 2010, as long as I keep my Mobile Workbook in 2007 mode.

Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment